Life is about staying fit, working hard, achieving milestones and then relaxing and providing time for yourself and to the people who are important to you. Relaxing requires a peaceful place and what better a place than your home. A home has many areas that a person can choose to relax and one of the most likable amongst them is a deck.
Decks can be a great place to relax and if you are ready to build your own, you have a choice in who will be constructing it.
At McNish Outdoor living service, we promise not only high quality products but we ensure that we add value to our customer’s property. Adding a backyard structure is not the only thing that can add value to your property. Still, their placement has a lot to do with the overall appeal of your house. Adding a backyard structure can increase the resale value of your house by 10 percent. It also increases the overall square footage of your available living space on the property. Our fully customized and creative designs add beauty and value to your property. So, even if you wish to resale your property, you will have a better value for the property in the end.
Do you want to opt for a professional deck builder or do you prefer the do-it-yourself route? Often times, homeowners will try the task themselves but quickly realize a deck requires a great deal of expertise to get the job done right.
If you are the type that likes to engage in physical activity and want to experience the fruit of your labour then by all means go for the do-it-yourself approach. Do-it-yourself projects can be daunting but help could be sought from many guides available on the internet or magazines. They offer handy tips and step by step assistance. Some tips on deck building are as follows:
Turn your backyard into a destination. Enjoy the Florida sunshine with a custom outdoor living space, whether it is to enhance the aesthetics of your home or increase its value a backyard structure is always a good investment. No one likes to be cooped up inside and extend your living space beyond the walls of your home, your dream backyard awaits. McNish Outdoor Living offers a wide range of services whether it is a deck, a gazebo by the pool, a pergola on a sunny Florida afternoon, or hosting a cookout with your new outdoor kitchen, we will get it done.
Constructing a Deck with the Help of Do-It-Yourself Guides
– Do not hesitate to ask questions at your local hardware shop. People there could be a great source of information provided you know what the right questions are. To get started, be aware of the terminology used along with some of the information on the subject and recent trends.
– Starting with the deck support posts is one of the most basic things because it will determine your final design for the deck.
– Galvanised bolts have a great role to play because they are used to attach the deck to the house, either a brick, stone or wood wall but not to any fibre or weather board. This is done for stability.
– Freestanding decks must have cross bracing, specifications of which could be checked in decking span charts.
– Other finer points include the consideration of expected weight the deck should be prepared for, use of bolts that are rust-resistant, hand rail for higher decks, gaps to be left between the decking boards and many such things.
McNish Outdoor Living