Last winter, I was unfortunate to learn that the roof on my home was leaking. It was not only a tiny leak in the kitchen where we could easily throw a pot under it to collect the water, but there were multiple leaks, even in the bedrooms. Because I have had to do this before, I know that finding the perfect contractor for the job is such a pain. If you are anything like me, you just hire any contractor you hear from word of mouth and call it done, right? Well I was also unfortunate to find out that this approach just does not work. In fact, a lot goes into searching for the perfect contractor for the job, and it all starts with researching the web. Because this is a daunting task, and would have benefitted me in my efforts, I have compiled somewhat of a checklist in searching for contractors to rebuild your roof.
If you’re looking for the best roofing company in Rapid City, SD, look no further than Teamwork Exteriors. We have over 25 years of experience in the industry, and we’re dedicated to providing our clients with the highest quality services possible. We specialize in both residential and commercial roofing, so whether you need a new roof installed or just some repairs done, we can help. Plus, we offer free estimates so you know exactly what you’re getting before you make a decision. Give us a call today!
1. Hire a licensed contractor. Why do this? Oh yeah, because it’s the law. All licensed contractors have at least four years of experience under their belt, are fingerprinted and background checked, and are required to follow safety and insurance laws.
Teamwork Exteriors is the best roofing company in Rapid City, SD. We’re family-owned and operated, and we take pride in our quality workmanship. We offer a wide range of roofing services to meet your needs, from new installation to repairs and maintenance. We also offer a variety of materials to choose from, so you can find the perfect roof for your home.
2. Be introduced to your contractor. Search for a local contractor. On many websites, I found it more comforting to know a little background on the person who I would be working with upon hiring for the job. Here, their experience and personal philosophy should be stated.
Teamwork Exteriors is the best roofing company in Rapid City, SD. We have a team of experienced and qualified professionals who can help you with all your roofing needs. We offer a wide range of services including roof repair, replacement, and installation. We also offer a variety of materials including asphalt shingles, metal roofs, and slate roofs. Our team is dedicated to providing quality workmanship and customer service. Contact us today for a free consultation!
3. Look for a Better Business Bureau rating. When a company gladly states their BBB rating, it shows a lot of pride they have in their own company. It also gives the actual facts about the company in one rating: a high BBB rating is sure to be a great company. When a BBB rating is not listed, customer reviews work great as well. I like reading experiences of their previous customers so I know what I am in for. A lot of pleased customers equal a higher probability that you will also be pleased by their work. If absolutely no reviews are on the site, pictures of the company’s finished work can provide you with a look at their quality. The only downside to the pictures is that is says nothing about the company’s punctuality, professionalism, or prices.
4. Guaranteed great service. Guarantees give any company bonus points. A guarantee is a warm and fuzzy feeling that everything is going to be alright in the end, even if it goes astray in the beginning. I would say this is one of the most important things to look for in a company that you have never done business with. No matter how thorough of research you do, there is still room for error.
5. Wide variety of specialties. In my case, I only wanted the company I hired to build a new roof. But it was comforting to know that if I wanted to do other things such as solar panels, or gutters, I had that option with the same company. If you do have a couple or even a few things that you need done to your roofing, find a company that does it all so that you only have to look into one instead a different business for every job. And in the future, if you need something done that entails one of their many services, you know already that they do a great job.
6. Lastly, a company should show you how much they want your business. If you feel like you are being valued as a customer, then the company you do business with will go above and beyond to make you happy. A lost customer to them is lost money, so how bad do they want you to hire them? The website could say it all.
2040 W Main St Suite 311
Rapid City, SD 57702